Friday, November 19, 2010

Hands



Hands
can
move
in such marvelous motion.

They can create,
build,
maintain...
anything
for which I have a notion.



Sculpture I am working on this month

  





I did a sculpture of St. Francis of Assisi
in August of this year



Here is the finished piece after adding glaze and firing

I love to work in clay, then fire my finished pieces in a kiln.  I am working at the Aspects of Clay Studio http://www.aspectsofclay.com/ in Sandia Park in the mountains east of Albuquerque. 


My teacher is artist Alma Quillian who is also a neighbor of mine.  She does beautiful animal sculptures and is a talented two dimensional artist as well:    Alma has a her work for sale at Aspects of Clay or she will do commissioned work. Please look at her work at:  http://ajqart.blogspot.com/ .

Her sculptures are whimisical and delightful, for the outdoor garden or home. 


Here are two of Alma Quillian's sculptures of St. Francis of Assisi. She inspires me!

St. Francis by Alma Quillian

St. Francis and his dog by Alma Quillian

No comments:

Post a Comment