Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall and Balloon Fiesta Time



Marigolds and Morning Glories are still blooming
 























With the changing of the seasons
Mother Crow comes calling
flutter of great wings above
Mother Crow roosts
atop the pinyon tree.
She casts a wary eye and calls out: "Caw, caw, caw..."
with this reply received: "Caw, caw, caw, caw"
from some distant place downwind.
The leaves are turning
the sun rises a little later
with each new day
of the waning year.
Fall has arrived.
The jay birds have flown
and Mother Crow ascends.

Tall pinyon tree in the front of my home is probably 200 years old



Pinyon pine cones, although small this year, provide nuts for the jays and crows
 





2011 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
One of New Mexico's premiere fall events is the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta that began October 1st.  My daughters and Matt went with me to the Mass Ascension on Sunday morning at 7:00AM.  The weather was perfect. Over 350 balloons launched.  We had a wonderful time.

My daughters, Mary and Amanda

Matt and Mary ducking under the balloons as they are inflated















Lots of special shapes were present

Humpty Dumpty

Spider Pig















Mary and Matt

Mary and Amanda


1 comment:

  1. Great post & blog. I really enjoyed that balloon thing. Sometime we'll see it in person as we'll be regularly traveling to Scottsdale Az. where my son a family just moved in August for teaching jobs. While I don't do a lot of political commentary on my book review blog I did appreciate yours and put in a link on my "cool" blogs page.... :)

    ReplyDelete