Monday, May 7, 2012

Super Moon Shot

On May 5th, there was to be a "Super Moon" rise with the full moon to be at it's closest point to the Earth for 2012.  Always up for an excuse for a party, we called neighbors and my daughters to invite them to a "Howl at the Moon Party" for Saturday night.  We cooked hamburgers, hotdogs and chicken.  Neighbors brought tortilla chips, guacamole, salsa, deviled eggs, cheesy potato casserole, and dessert. I put up my "sun and moon" patio lights and made sure the hot tub was ready for soaking. Presto! Party time in no time!

When the moon began to rise about 8:30 or 9PM, I got my camera out but could not find my tripod!  After two margaritas, I think my hands were not too steady, either.   Anyway, here are the photos from Sandia Park, New Mexico -just east of the Sandia Mountains and the bright city lights of Albuquerque .

Moonrise from my deck





If you want much better photos from other locations in the world, here they are.

Quickly losing interest in photography, my daughter and I got out our djembes and began beating our drums to the consternation of our neighbors. 




Cathy and Amanda hit the hot tub and the landlubbers relaxed on the deck or inside.

Kathy after a relaxing soak in the hot tub

Linda texting her thoughts

Diana and Matt and Jack (the pug)


My neighbor Diana and future son-in-law, Matt.


Hooray for spring and the coming summer!

3 comments:

  1. I had a wonderful time. Thank you for inviting me to share the super moon light.

    -Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making our "last-minute" party so much fun. You've got the greatest smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that any excuse is ever needed for a deck party but it was definitely orginal and the party looked like a lot of fun. And yes I saw it that night too.... :)

    ReplyDelete