Thursday, October 28, 2021

It's Fall in New Mexico - My Favorite Season

Perea Nature Trail, San Ysidro, NM

It's that magical time of year again in the Land of Enchantment.  The days are shorter and cooler.  The winds blow leaves into crunchy piles against each building and rock.  The colors are amazing.  The skies are clear and blue.  

Here is what my morning walk looks like in my neighborhood in the foothills of Albuquerque:

 

                                                             Blue Grama Grass gone to seed


This Japanese Lantern tree with it's bright red leaves is quite the show stopper.

 


I'm doing a Plein Air Painting workshop every Sunday this month.  Here is a  plein air painting destination in Placitas, NM:

And my painting:

Here are two more plein air paintings I did this month:





The sun rises later in the day and Halloween is neigh.

The view in my neighborhood of the sun rising over the Sandia Mountains 


My home in the foothills of Albuquerque




It's a great time to get the grand kids hiking

 

And for "leaf-peeping" in the mountains  above Santa Fe:


 

"Leaf-peeping" in the Manzano Mountains at Fourth of July Canyon to see the Bigtooth Maple, one of the few red fall foliage in New Mexico, is always a very crowded affair:





 
If you are in New Mexico in the fall, there are some very scenic drives you might take.


 
The grand daughters all dressed up for Halloween....
 

 ...and that's a wrap for October.
 
Sunset, October 31, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment