Monday, February 15, 2010

Artistic Renderings





I try to paint or draw from time to time. I returned to art after more than 30 years away from it. I began by taking some classes at the San Diego Art Museum School where I did oils for the first time. When I do art, I am totally in the present moment. I have done art since I was 4 or 5 years old. You're never "too old" to begin, or renew, a passion for painting and drawing.


I sometimes take classes at the Harwood Art School in Albuquerque . My favorite teachers there are Leo Neufeld (life drawing) and Deborah Secor (pastels).


Below is Los Poblanes Farm in the North Valley (Albuquerque), a value study in oil (2006)
























Life Drawing Models in Leo Neufeld's classes (2007 and 2010)












































A quick sketch of my daughter, Amanda (2007)






My friend and fellow artist, Takako, was so patient to pose for me while on vacation in Sedona, Arizona (Fall, 2007).

























Pastels (2006-2008)














North Valley Farm near Rio Grande (2006)




Ladies View - Killarney National Park, Ireland (January, 2006)









Dry River Bed in New Mexico (2006)


















Rio Grande Gorge Road to Taos (2006)






Chapel at Tlaquepaque Village (Sedona, Arizona 2007)







Cathedral Rocks (Sedona, Arizona, October,2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment